The aims of the Scientific Panels are:
- to co-ordinate clinical research at a European level;
- to disseminate good neurological practice throughout European countries;
- to assist the Programme Committee in organising congresses
- to assist the EAN in training neurologists and in supporting continuing medical education; and
- to produce guidelines according to the latest scientific and evidence levels.
In order to achieve these aims Scientific Panels have the following terms of reference:
- to form a panel with one member from each European National Neurological Society which is willing to provide a nominee with expertise in the relevant specialty. Members form the National Societies are re-appointed every two years. In addition, every Full, Corresponding and Resident individual member can become a member of the Scientific Panels. Membership duration is unlimited for individual panel members.
- to have a management group, consisting of 3-6 Panel members and led by the Panel chaipersons. The term of a member on the management group is limited to a maximum of 6 years (3 x 2 years). The duration of the mandate of the Chairperson and the Co-chairperson is 2 years, with the possibility of re-election once.
Financial support to Scientific Panels will only be given in accordance with the rules for financial support.
Application and admission procedure:
RRFS members who are interested in joining a panel, please click here.
To propose a Scientific Panel, please click here.