As a mentee in this programme, you have the chance to interact with an experienced professional in the field of neurology and ask for advice on specific projects or personal development.
You will build a collaborative cross-generational relationship with your mentor and engage in mutual learning. You will work closely together on creating a roadmap and setting stages toward reaching your developmental goals.
We try to provide 1:1 mentorship in an area important to your personal career development and where you have no access to a mentor who can advise you.
Successful matching mostly depends on the ratio of available mentors to mentees. A standardised application rating system will be applied, and applicants will be selected accordingly.
Mentees who enter the EAN mentorship programme have access to a mentor who has been approved by the EAN as an expert in their field.
Mentees can profit from the following areas of mentorship (among others):
- Career advice
- Development of skills
- Development of clinical and research interests
- Advice on scientific projects and their publication
- Advice on work-life balance (promote success and prevent burnout)
In addition, the EAN supports mentees throughout the duration of the programme with the following benefits:
- Free access to the annual EAN congress webcasts
- Free access to events specific to the mentorship programme (when at the congress or other locations, or virtual).
- Certificate of participation
- Public acknowledgement (EANpages)
The EAN mentorship programme has no financial obligations. It provides no financial aid to either mentors or mentees.
To facilitate the application process and to help you prepare as much as possible, we have developed a comprehensive online application. As there is no option to save parts and return to the online application later, the following section explains what you will need to fill out.