As a mentee in this programme you have the chance to interact with an experienced professional in the field of neurology and ask for advice on specific projects or personal development.
You will build a collaborative cross generational relationship with your mentor and engage in mutual learning. You will work closely together on creating a roadmap and stages for reaching your developmental goals.
We try to provide 1:1 mentorship in an area important to your personal career development and where you have no access to a mentor who can advise you.
Mentees who enter the EAN mentorship programme have access to a mentor who was approved by the EAN to be an expert in the field.
Mentees can profit from the following (but not limited to) areas of mentorship:
- Career advice
- Development of skills
- Development of clinical and research interests
- Advice on scientific projects and their publication
- Advice on work-life balance (promote success and prevent burnout)
In addition, the EAN supports mentees throughout the duration of the programme with the following benefits:
- Free access to the annual EAN congress and events specific to the mentorship programme.
- Free access to the EAN annual spring or autumn school to meet and interact with each other (mutual participation of mentor and mentee required)
- Certificate of participation
- Public acknowledgement (EANpages)
The EAN mentorship programme has no financial obligations. It is not providing any financial aid to neither mentors nor mentees.
To facilitate the application process and to help you prepare as much in advance as possible, we have developed a comprehensive form for a convenient online application. As there is not possibility to save parts and go back to this online application afterwards, we inform you in the below section what we kindly ask you to fill out