European Journal of Neurology Award
European Journal of Neurology Award at the EAN Congress
The best articles submitted to the EJoN will be awarded during the Highlights Session at the annual EAN Congress, where the awardee will also have the opportunity to present their work.
- Original articles published in the previous year are eligible for the EJoN award of the current year (e.g. articles published in 2021 will be eligible for the 2022 EAN Congress)
- Manuscripts from any region of the world are eligible (European or non-European).
- Other types of articles are not eligible (review articles, short communications, letters, case reports, guidelines, editorials, and commentaries).
- The Editorial Board members of EJoN each nominate 5 manuscripts to be candidates for the award, from which the EAN Scientific Committee shall select one awardee.
- The choice is based on scientific quality, originality, and consequences for patients’ health or wellbeing.
- Citations and downloads is not considered in the selection process, to prevent any advantage for manuscripts published at the beginning of the year.
- The award will go to the first author of the selected article. In case of a co-first author, the award will go to the author whose name appears first in the journal.
- The awardee receives a certificate and a free registration & a travel grant & 3 nights hotel accommodation to the EAN Congress at which he/she will present.
- Oral presentation of the selected paper at the highlight session of the EAN Congress.