European Journal of Neurology Award
- Original articles published in the previous year are eligible for the EJoN award of the current year (e.g. articles published in 2021 will be eligible for the 2022 EAN Congress)
- Manuscripts from any region of the world are eligible (European or non-European).
- Other types of articles are not eligible (review articles, short communications, letters, case reports, guidelines, editorials, and commentaries).
- The Editorial Board members of EJoN each nominate 5 manuscripts to be candidates for the award, from which the EAN Scientific Committee shall select one awardee.
- The choice is based on scientific quality, originality, and consequences for patients’ health or wellbeing.
- Citations and downloads is not considered in the selection process, to prevent any advantage for manuscripts published at the beginning of the year.
- The award will go to the first author of the selected article. In case of a co-first author, the award will go to the author whose name appears first in the journal.
- The awardee receives a certificate and a free registration & a travel grant & 3 nights hotel accommodation to the EAN Congress at which he/she will present.
- Oral presentation of the selected paper at the highlight session of the EAN Congress.