Resident & Research Member
our EAN benefits at a glance
Here you will find all the information you need about EAN benefits as a Resident & Research Member. As such, you are automatically a member of the Resident and Research Fellow Section (RRFS). This global network of young doctors and scientists was formed to forge a strong link between scientists and health care professionals in neurology and to overcome any gaps to achieve one common neurological understanding.
did you know ... ?
Resident & Research Members pay €60 for the 1st year and receive the 2nd year for free. Members from low and low/middle income countries, pay a reduced fee of €30.
Resident & Research members do have a strong network and meet regularly during the EAN congress by organising hospital visits and networking events, but also throughout the year at national societies’ conferences and during training courses. To apply for EAN grants, you must be a Resident & Research member.
Who can join as a Resident & Research Member
- Trainees / Residents
- Research Fellows
- PhD students
in neurology or other specialties related to neuroscience or clinical neurology (e.g. pharmacology, occupational therapy, physiotherapy, psychiatry, psychology),
- Neurology specialist who completed their training no longer than 3 years ago
The above-mentioned groups up to a maximum of 15 years after receiving a license to practice medicine.
Because it is our goal to promote neurology across the world in the RRFS, we invite you to join us as a Resident & Research Member no matter which country you come from.
Please, fill out the membership application form within your MyEAN account, upload recent, official confirmation of your training status, CV and submit the application. All documents must be submitted in English.
Get connected and visit the annual congress
Our EAN annual congress is the biggest gathering of general neurologists in Europe and the perfect place to meet your peers from more than 100 countries
- Access to the VIP area
- Access to congress webcasts
- Have your picture taken at the EAN photobooth
- 20% off congress registration fee when you participate in the European Board Examination in Neurology
- Free virtual participation at the congress
Network and expand your knowledge
- Purchase the printed edition of the European Journal of Neurology at a reduced rate
- My EAN: free webconferencing tool
- Participate in EAN Scientific Panels
- Online eLearning platform eanCampus
- Access to Educational grants + activities: Schools, Fellowships, Mentorship (for members of EAN member countries)
- RRFS Members are eligible for a 10% discount on their APC for publishing OnlineOpen in the European Journal of Neurology (please contact membership(at)ean.org to receive your discount code).
* Make savings
- If your place of work is in a low and lower/middle income countries (as defined by World Bank) pay a reduced fee of €30.
- If your place of residence is in one of the HINARI A group countries your EAN membership is free of charge.
- When upgrading to Full membership from Resident membership, you will receive a discount and pay less for your first membership year (high income 100€, low income 60€).
- AAN members from outside Europe get a 10% discount off their EAN membership and European EAN members get the discount for their AAN Membership fee in return.