EAN Official Statement
Statement of Support for Ukraine
EAN Congress 2022
Virtual congress free for members!
The Virtual Interactive registration option for EAN 2022 is free of charge for individual members
EAN Congress 2022
EAN 2022 Opening Lecture
Susan Greenfield to give opening lecture on 'Where Neuroscience meets neurology'
EAN Project News
Burden of Sleep & Wake Disorders project
Cooperation agreement signed with five partner organisations
We are a non-profit, independent organisation aiming to promote neurological excellence by supporting our 45,000 members and working closely with 47 European national societies. Explore our website to learn more about the scientific, educational, and other professional support we offer, to help neurologists provide better patient care and outcomes. Find out more
- Call for new Chairs for EAN Education Committee and EAN Programme Committee
- EAN Seeks New Officers for Committees & Working Groups
- EAN NeuroCOVID-19 Task Force position paper on COVID-19 vaccination hesitancy among people with chronic neurological disorders
- TREAT AIE: First European networking conference focusing on Autoimmune Encephalitis
- EAN-ESO Joint session on ‘The Vascular side of Neurodegeneration: a preclinical and clinical perspective’
- ‘Getting evidence into practice’ – the overarching theme for EAN 2022
- EAN 2022 Congress Quiz Winners!
- EAN 2022 early fee deadline, free virtual congress for EAN members, and our new no-risk fee!
- EAN 2022: Susan Greenfield to give opening lecture on ‘Where Neuroscience meets neurology: blowing, expanding, and losing the mind’
- EAN 2022: more than 2,260 abstracts submitted!
More than 300 Guidelines
One of our most important aims is to establish European standards of diagnosis, treatment, and care within the various subfields of neurology. The very heterogeneous nature of neurology in Europe means guidelines are needed not only to diagnose and treat neurological disorders, but also to organise certain aspects of neurology.
COVID-19 in detail
Dig into our repository of knowledge on Covid-19-related neurology research. Since the early days of the pandemic, the EAN Covid-19 Taskforce has been closely monitoring the scientific press and collating the most notable and useful studies. Our Knowledge Distillery bring all that information together in one place. Dive in!
170 articles out of 33 categories
Our Scientific Panels are a crucial aspect of the EAN, informing everything we do from a scientific point of view. Here you will find the most important recent news identified by our dedicated panel members, regularly updated and presented in subsections according to their respective topics. Happy browsing!
For EAN 2022, our overarching theme is ‘Getting Evidence into Practice’ and we have put together a range of workshops and symposia addressing this subject. Leading specialists will tackle timely and relevant questions such as which clinical trial designs best inform practice; what evidence informs the use of diagnostic tests; are guidelines a useful tool for improving outcomes; and how do we get guidelines applied and implemented?
The overarching theme will be the focus of many sessions, with something for every category of participant, from trainees to veterans, whether clinician or scientist, general or specialised.