Abstract submission is now open!
Deadline: 12 January 2023, 23:59 CET
EAN Research News
EAN Strategic Research Agenda
EAN aims to set urgent priorities in European neurological research
EAN Congress 2023
Neurology beyond the Big Data
Find out more about the overarching theme for EAN 2023!
New webcasts on the eanCampus
Watch over 300 peer-reviewed webcasts from EAN 2022 on the eanCampus!
EAN Official Statement
Statement of Support for Ukraine
EAN Project News
Burden of Sleep & Wake Disorders project
Cooperation agreement signed with five partner organisations
We are a non-profit, independent organisation aiming to promote neurological excellence by supporting our 45,000 members and working closely with 47 European national societies. Explore our website to learn more about the scientific, educational, and other professional support we offer, to help neurologists provide better patient care and outcomes. Find out more
- Help EAN contribute towards the development of a European Pain Research strategy
- Executive Page: Submit, register, and join us for EAN 2023
- Research Paper of the Month: Lecanemab in Early Alzheimer’s Disease
- Covid-19 Paper of the Month: Incidence of Epilepsy and Seizures Over the First 6 Months After a COVID-19 Diagnosis
- Increasing transparency: publication of the development and launch process for the EAN guideline prioritisation procedure
- Video Interview: Dementia & Cognitive Disorders Panel Co-Chairs
- EAN 2023 – Join us in Budapest on July 1-4
- Special EAN issue of BrainMag features reports on EAN 2022 and more
- Video Interview: Sleep-Wake Panel Co-Chair, Dr. Evelina Pajediene
- Watch the full EAN 2022 Opening Session on our Vimeo channel!
More than 300 Guidelines
One of our most important aims is to establish European standards of diagnosis, treatment, and care within the various subfields of neurology. The very heterogeneous nature of neurology in Europe means guidelines are needed not only to diagnose and treat neurological disorders, but also to organise certain aspects of neurology.
COVID-19 in detail
Dig into our repository of knowledge on Covid-19-related neurology research. Since the early days of the pandemic, the EAN Covid-19 Taskforce has been closely monitoring the scientific press and collating the most notable and useful studies. Our Knowledge Distillery bring all that information together in one place. Dive in!
170 articles out of 33 categories
Our Scientific Panels are a crucial aspect of the EAN, informing everything we do from a scientific point of view. Here you will find the most important recent news identified by our dedicated panel members, regularly updated and presented in subsections according to their respective topics. Happy browsing!
For EAN 2023 the overarching theme is ‘Neurology beyond the Big Data’ and the congress will feature a number of workshops and symposia focusing on this topic. Leading specialists will discuss concepts, recent advances, opportunities and challenges surrounding the rising volume of available data in neurology, neuroscience, neurobiology and related disciplines, tackling issues such as the use of digital health tech and telemedicine; AI advances and applications; and the use of data science to transition to an era of precision health.
Our overarching theme will be a common thread that connects many sessions at EAN 2023, with something for every category of participant, from trainees to veterans, whether clinician or scientist, general or specialised.