CPD Programmes from other Organisations
Please find below other Continuing Professional Development (CPD) opportunities given by affiliated organizations. We would like to point out that these courses are not related to EAN career development Programmes.
The Movement Disorders Society (MDS) LEAP Program is a 12-month program encompassing the development of leadership skills through a mentored development and a didactic skills format. The two-day training workshop takes place immediately prior to the MDS International Congress. As a result of the ongoing COVID-19 Pandemic, the previous two LEAP courses took place virtually. Due to the fluidity of the situation, the 2022 course is slated to be virtual but the final format is under consideration.
When in person, MDS provides support to participants for travel and accommodations for the two-day didactic program.
- Facilitate the personal leadership growth and effectiveness of early career movement disorders specialists
- Enhance the leadership skills of early career movement disorders specialists through education of group leadership principles
- Promote engagement of early career movement disorders specialists in the leadership in MDS as well as in their own professional environment
- Integrate early career leaders into appropriate leadership positions within MDS
Find out more about eligibility and requirement son the MDS Website
The post gradual educational program is organized and executed by the Academy of Sleep and Consciousness ASC – in collaboration with the University of Bern and the Università della Svizzera italiana – and offers unique postgraduate programs, which provide advanced medical and scientific insights into sleep physiology, chronobiology and sleep medicine. The program begins every two years.
- Certificate of Advanced Studies (CAS) in Sleep, Consciousness and Related Disorders (10 ECTS)
- Diploma of Advanced Studies (DAS) in Sleep, Consciousness and Related Disorders (CAS + 20 ECTS = 30 ECTS)
- Master of Advanced Studies (MAS) in Sleep, Consciousness and Related Disorders (CAS + DAS + 30 ECTS = 60 ECTS)
More information can be found at www.asc.unibe.ch .
With this programme, the ENMC aims to facilitate the emergence and support of the next generation of specialists and potential research leaders in the international NMD field. Opportunities will be provided to help these mid-career researchers to develop their full potential, in order to accelerate progress and innovation in NMD research and facilitate effective communication and collaboration with multiple stakeholders in the current landscape (funders, media, industry, patient organisations, health care professionals, administrative and regulatory offices etc.). Finally, this programme may create opportunities for talented and ambitious mid-career NMD researchers and clinical specialists to become modern leaders.
More information can be found at: https://www.enmc.org/mid-career-mentoring-programme/
The Academy's one-to-one Mentoring programme provides post-doctoral and independent biomedical and health researchers with career development support by pairing them with an Academy Fellow or senior academic.
The Academy promotes an enabling, non-directive approach to help mentees make critical decisions through the developmental model of mentoring. Mentors provide a framework for making career choices and act as a signpost to information and resources.
Find out more about eligibility, mentors, the matching process, mentoring resources and supports on the mentoring website.