Virtual Congress Information
Caring for the Environment
- Green print - Any material for the Congress printed on paper th at is PEFC approved. PEFC is an organisation that certifies paper manufacturers who keep to sustainable forest management criteria.
- Reducing print - In 2021 no paper programme will be produced. The complete programme can also be found online in the Interactive Programme Planner (IPP) and on our congress app and you can create your individual schedule & abstract book.
CME Certificate - available only to the participants of the live streamed and on-demand educational and scientific sessions during the congress (19-22 June 2021), who have evaluated them. Evaluation deadline for CME Certificate: Tuesday, 22 June 2021, 23:59 CEST.
Certificate for viewing webcasts (from 23 June 2021 onwards) – available upon completing the evaluation. This certificate does not contain CME credits. For more details regarding certificates and evaluation, please consult information under Discover here.
The 7th Congress of the European Academy of Neurology – Virtual 2021, June 19-22, 2021, has been accredited by the European Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (EACCME®) with 25 European CME credits (ECMEC®s). Each medical specialist should claim only those hours of credit that he/she actually spent in the educational activity.
Through an agreement between the Union Européenne des Médecins Spécialistes and the American Medical Association, physicians may convert EACCME® credits to an equivalent number of AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Information on the process to convert EACCME® credit to AMA credit can be found at www.ama-assn.org/education/earn-credit-participation-international-activities.
Live educational activities, occurring outside of Canada, recognised by the UEMS-EACCME® for ECMEC®s are deemed to be Accredited Group Learning Activities (Section 1) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification Program of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada.
All printed promotion material and goodies will be sent in a physical EAN Congress package to a limited number of congress participants in Spring 2021.
The congress website is updated on a regular basis and gives the latest details on the scientific programme and important congress information.
European Academy of Neurology
EAN Head Office
Breite Gasse 4/7
1070 Vienna, Austria
T +43 1 889 05 03
F +43 1 889 05 03 13
Austrian Society of Neurology
We recommend using the latest version of Firefox or Google Chrome.
Please make sure you have a stable internet connection (10Mbit/s recommended for smooth videos) during the virtual event. For optimal audio and video quality, we recommend connecting with a network cable. You will need either a speaker or headphones for the sound. Your computer should be connected to a power supply.
1. Windows PC or Mac (Tablet PC e.g. Windows, iPad or Android tablet limited).
2. Internet connection (ideal from 5 Mbit/s broadband or LTE for mobile devices)
3. Speakers (integrated or headset) - before the start of the virtual congress, you should remember to connect your headset or speakers so that you can hear the speaker.
4. Current browsers are recommended:
- Google Chrome (version 72 or newer, current version is 89)
- Firefox (version 65 or newer, current version is 88)
- Older versions of the listed browsers as well as other alternative browsers (e.g. Safari, Microsoft Edge, Opera or Internet Explorer) may lead to limited website functionality.
Regardless of the browser type, you must allow cookies on your computer.
Please also have a look on "Tips & Tricks for a successful presentation at a virtual event".