A tournament for neurologists in training will take place at the congress. The tournament will be carried out in two groups, one on clinical related research, and one on basic neurological science.
- Eligible are EAN Resident and Research Members from EAN member countries.
For further information, please check our EAN RRFS membership package here.
- The participant has to be first author of the abstract submitted.
- During abstract submission, candidates must state that they wish to participate in the tournament and select the group (clinical/basic).
- Applications will be accepted until the abstract submission deadline, 13 January 2021.
Selection of candidates
The EAN Programme Committee will select 6 candidates for each tournament group based on the contents of the abstracts submitted. The clinical subjects must be received from authors who work in Europe and thus carry out their projects in Europe. For the basic science session, clinical relevance will be weighted.
Candidates selected for the tournament will receive a bursary consisting of free registration to the EAN Congress 2021.
Each selected candidate is allotted 10 minutes for presentation of his/her paper plus 5 minutes for discussion with the jury. In addition, each paper will be presented within the oral session of the respective topic. The winners will present their work during the Plenary Highlight Session on Tuesday morning.
Members of the Programme, the Scientific and the Teaching Course Committees.
Candidates will be judged not only on the scientific value of the work presented, but also on the quality of the oral presentation and the way the candidate responds to the questions of the jury.
The winner of each group will receive a prize consisting of 1000 € in cash and a certificate. Two runner-up prizes in each tournament will be awarded 500 € in cash and a certificate.
Who can join as a Resident & Research Member?
- Residents/neurologists in training
- Research Fellows
- PhD students in Neurology
- The abovementioned three groups up to a maximum of 3 years beyond their latest degree (MD, PhD)
Because it is our goal to promote neurology across the world in the RRFS, we invite you to join us as a Resident & Research Member no matter which country you come from.
Become an EAN Resident and Research Member now!