In order to submit an abstract, please login to the EAN website and update your personal data. Via the dashboard in your MyEAN user area you will be able to submit your abstract.
If you do need help with uploading your abstract(s), please contact abstracts(at)ean.org .
- Abstracts must be submitted online. If you have no access to the internet, please contact the abstract hotline. Faxed abstracts are not acceptable.
- Authors's details: include full mailing address, office hours phone number, email address and fax number of presenting author, as well as affiliation details of all co-authors. By submitting the abstract, you confirm consent of all co-authors to provide their data.
- All abstracts must be submitted and presented in English. Please use UK spelling and have your abstract proofread.
- Abstracts should contain new and original information, not published elsewhere prior to 19 June 2021.
- They should be as informative as possible:
- (a) state specific object of study (c) summarise results obtained
- (b) state method used if pertinent (d) state conclusions reached
- They should be structured and with the subheadings Introduction, Methods, Results, Conclusion.
- All abbreviations used must be defined the first time they appear.
- Avoid complex mathematical formulae. Try to avoid symbols: e.g. use IFN-beta instead of IFN-ß; 10^2 instead of 10²; x >= 2 instead of x≥2.
- Up to 3 tables or figures can be included in the abstract if desired. The maximum file size of each graph is 2 MB. The maximum resolution has been set to 300dpi. Images should be submitted in JPG, GIF or PNG format only. Please note that these may be resized to fit in the final material. Please note that tables must be submitted as a separate graphic file.
- Abstract text must not exceed 250 words; heading maximum of 25 words.
- Authors should include their presentation preference: Poster/oral/poster or oral. The PC have final decision on the method of presentation.
- A maximum of 3 abstracts per presenting author may be submitted.
- After having submitted your abstract, you will receive a confirmation e-mail with your abstract reference number and personal address code and password. If you do not receive a confirmation by e-mail, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. The corresponding author is responsible for informing other authors about the status of the abstract.
- Should you wish to make corrections to an abstract already submitted or if you wish to submit other Abstracts later, you may use your personal access codes. Please note that after final submission the content of your abstract cannot be modified or corrected and that it will be published exactly as submitted.
- If an abstract is accepted, one author must attend the congress and present it in person. Acceptance of the abstract implies payment of the registration fee by the presenting author. If a presenting author does not register to the congress or does not attend the session for which (s)he has been scheduled, a penalty may incur, prohibiting the author from presenting papers at future EAN Congresses for a period of 3 years.
- If your research has been granted any commercial or institutional support, you will be asked to disclose this during the submission process. Please prepare a one-sentence statement for this purpose.
- If you apply for a bursary or for the tournament, please do not forget to upload the necessary documents. Your application will be only regarded if all documents have been submitted.
- If your abstract has been accepted as poster presentation, you will be asked to prepare a poster in electronic format (ePoster). Guidelines will follow based on acceptance of your abstract. There will be e-poster sessions in which selected posters will be presented.
Abstract topic: Please select the category under which the abstract should be reviewed after consulting the list of topics (see on the right).
Please note that the embargo on all abstracts will be lifted officially on Friday, 18 June 2021, 18:30 CEST. This is when the European Journal of Neurology including all Abstracts will be released on the EAN Website.
Abstracts have to be submitted online via the congress website.
Please log in/register with your EAN username and password, update your personal data and submit your abstract!
- Ageing and dementia
- Autonomic nervous system
- Cerebrovascular diseases
- Child neurology/developmental neurology
- Clinical neurophysiology
- Cognitive neurology/neuropsychology
- Critical care
- Education in neurology
- Ethics in neurology
- Headache and pain
- History of neurology
- Infectious diseases
- Motor neurone diseases
- Movement disorders
- MS and related disorders
- Muscle and neuromuscular junction disease
- Neurological manifestations of systemic diseases
- Neurology and arts
- Neuro-ophthalmology/ neuro-otology
- Neurotoxicology/occupational neurology
- Peripheral nerve disorders
- Sleep disorders
- Spinal cord and root disorders