Only material in PDF format is accepted.
All ePosters should have one page only, in landscape.
To assure the best quality of your ePoster, we recommend that the .pdf file has the size of an A0 sheet (1189mm x 841 mm or 46.81 × 33.11 inches).
In case you are using Photoshop to create your ePoster, you can also see its resolution, which should be a minimum of 200dpi.
Hyperlinks, animated images, animations and videos are not permitted for ePosters and will be non-functioning.
QR Codes can be included.
Presentation time: 3 minutes
Please note that recordings exceeding the respective time frame will be cut off.
Detailed information on how to record your Oral presentation and ePresentations is sent to all presenters via e-mail.
You can find general instructions on how to record here, and below:
Please make sure, that you are using headphones which have their own microphone, especially if you are using a desktop computer or older computer. Please do not use the in-built microphone of your computer as this will not produce adequate audio quality.
To ensure adequate audio quality please also follow these instructions:
- Connect the headphones with the 3.5mm audio plug of your computer.
- Make sure that the microphone sits in place (ideally 3-5 cm in front of your mouth)
- Start a test recording - if the sound is not good, open the audio settings and correct the input volume and level - many computers offer the option of a pre-set option to reduce the ambient noise. If this is available, make sure this option is on.
Presenting at the EAN Virtual Congress
There will be scheduled slots for all presentations during the virtual congress. There will be a chat function as well as a live Q&A for all sessions during specified times. The presenters are kindly asked to be present during the scheduled time to ensure interaction with the audience.
Session structure for all presentations
All sessions include pre-recordings as well as a live component. We want to make sure to retain as much human interaction as possible.
- Prior to the session (until the upload deadline on 27 May 2021), all lectures are recorded and uploaded to our system. They need to be of an exact length (as indicated in your information mailing) to ensure smooth development of the session.
- Please leave time for discussion. If your recording is too long, the time for discussion will be lost, which is one major component in the meeting
- At the scheduled timeslot of the session, the chairperson of the session has 5 minutes to open the session and introduce the speakers.
- Then the recording of the first lecture will be played. At all times there is a live-chat available, where all participants can contribute to the session or ask questions.
- After each lecture, there is some time reserved for a discussion with the chairperson. Lecturers and chairpersons therefore need to be online at the scheduled timeslot. They will discuss questions from the audience or further details of the session. There will be a timer available for the speakers’ convenience.
- This is the same procedure for all lectures – after the last one, the chairperson has a few more minutes to close the session and address any last-minute questions.
As for the face-to-face congress the dress code is business casual. Please wear the same clothes for your presentation pre-recording as well as for the Q&A as you would have at the face-to-face meeting.
Uploading your presentation
All presenters (invited presentations, oral presentations, ePresentations, ePoster presentations) will receive a message with detailed information on scheduling by Monday, 22 March 2021. In the week after, an information message on how to present at the Virtual Congress (including an upload link and technical details) will be sent.
- The material needs to be uploaded via a personalized link that will be sent to all presenters by 29 March at the latest.
- Recordings need to be uploaded by 27 May 2021, 23:59 CET.
- There will be technical support available for your upload. Details will be communicated.
Please note that it is also possible for all participants to send a private message with questions to the lecturers, which will be answered after the congress and published on the platform so all EAN members can benefit from it. If the lecturer is not available to be online at the scheduled timeslot, we will also forward the questions from the chat to them and publish the answers after the congress.
All ePresentations and ePosters will be available throughout the congress and a direct contact button will be available to ask questions to the presenters. Speakers and chairpersons will be available during the dedicated slots (please see programme). During this timeslot, the pre-recorded presentations will be played, and the live Q&A function will be available for interaction between chair, speakers and audience.