FAQ Abstract Submission
- How do I create a new abstract?
Once you are in the Abstract Submission System, please click "Create new Abstract".
- How do I fill in an abstract?
Once you have created an abstract, the system will guide you through 4 steps to complete it. You can take those steps in any order you want, but you cannot submit you abstract, before all steps have been completed. Step 1: Enter title and topic Step 2: Add authors and choose a presenter Step 3: Fill in the body (text) of the abstract Step 4: Confirm the affirmations
- Can I submit the same abstract more than once?
No. Abstracts must contain new and original information, not published elsewhere prior to 29 June 2019.
- Which language do I have to use for my abstract?
All abstracts must be submitted and presented in English. Please use UK spelling and have your abstract proofread.
- Why can I not choose a certain person as a presenter?
One person can present only up to 3 abstracts. Probably the person you have chosen is already presenting 3 abstracts. Please contact him/her.
- My affiliation and/or that of one of my co-authors is not correct.
You can choose a different affiliation or enter a new one by using the drop down menu next to the authors' names.
- Is there a word/character limit?
Abstract text must not exceed 250 words; heading maximum of 25 words.
- How can I insert a table?
Tables can only be inserted as graphic files (png, jpg, gif).
- I want to add another table/figure. But it does not work.
You can upload up to 3 figures/tables. The maximum size of ALL figures/tables is 10MB. The file format needs to be png, jpg, gif. Please check the format, number and size of your files.
- Is there anything to take care of before logging out?
Yes. Please click on the "Home" button and check, if those abstracts you wish to be submitted do show the green "submitted" icon.
- I have submitted my abstract, but not received a confirmation message. What should I do?
Please re-check, if all icons for this abstract are green. If yes, please contact email@example.com. We will get back to you within two working days.
- Can I make corrections to a submitted abstract?
Yes. If you wish to make corrections to an abstract already submitted or if you wish to submit other abstracts later, you may login again and do so. Corrections to abstracts can only be made until the abstract submission deadline. Please also note that once you edit your abstract you have to press the SUBMIT BUTTON again to save your changes.
- What do I do with abstracts that I have added to the system, but do not want to submit?
You can either delete them or you leave them in the system as "not submitted". Please note that you will then receive reminders to submit them.
- How do I apply for a bursary?
Eligible are EAN Resident and Research Members. Please click the appropriate checkbox during the online abstract submission process and upload the necessary document. For further information see here
- How do I participate in the Tournament for Neurologists in Training?
Eligible are EAN Resident and Research Members. The participant has to be first author of the abstract submitted. Please click the appropriate checkbox during the online abstract submission process and upload the necessary document. For further information see here
- When will I be informed if my abstract/bursary/tournament application has been accepted?
You will receive a confirmation that your abstract is in the system right after submission of the abstract. Confirmation on acceptance/rejection and presentation type of your abstract as well as acceptance of bursary/tournament application will be sent before the early registration deadline, i.e. 10 April 2019.
- What do I have to do after my abstract has been accepted?
First you have to check, if your work is selected for oral or poster presentation and then you need to prepare it for the congress. One of the co-authors must attend the congress and present it in person. Acceptance of the abstract implies payment of the registration fee by the presenting author. If none of the co-authors can come to the congress, another presenter can be announced. Please inform the Abstract Team as soon as possible. If a presenting author does not register to the congress or does not attend the session for which (s)he has been scheduled, a penalty may incur, prohibiting the author from presenting papers at the next EAN Congress.
- I have chosen "oral" as presentation type, but my abstract is scheduled as a poster?
The Programme Committee makes the final decision on the presentation type. If you do not want to present your work as a poster, please contact the Abstract Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) immediately and cancel your presentation.
- Who can I contact if I need any help?
Abstract submission: If you have questions or need further information, please contact abstracts(at)ean.org.
Hotel booking: hotel(at)ean.org
Contributions of presenters that are not registered to the congress or have not confirmed their presentation any other way will be removed from the programme and the abstract book by 15 May 2019.