Important registration information
By the presenting author registration deadline, presenting authors of this presentation type must register for on-site participation. All oral presentations will be held live and on-site.
Presenting at the Congress
Oral presentation duration: 15 Minutes (10 minutes for presentation immediately followed by a 5-minute live Q&A)
All presentations at the congress have dedicated scheduled slots. Your presentation will be followed by a live Q&A where the session chairperson(s) will answer questions from the live audience and through the chat function of the Virtual Congress Platform. Session chairpersons are at liberty to cut off any presentation that exceeds the given time frame to maintain the congress schedule. Presenters are kindly asked to be present for the entirety of the session for which their abstract has been accepted to ensure interaction with the audience.
For the face-to-face congress, the dress code is business casual.
Filetype: Microsoft PowerPoint (*.ppt or *pptx) presentations in 16:9 format will be accepted.
Structure: Title page, Conflicts of Interest, Introduction, Methods, Results, and Conclusion for a total of 10-12 slides. Keep the principle of one slide per minute and keep the content of each slide simple. The Conflicts of Interest slide must include the name of the supporting company or institution. All presentations must be unbranded. Specifically, presentations may not contain logos of pharmaceutical companies or industry leaders.
If needed, add QR codes for backlinks or embed videos in your presentation. Carefully follow the instructions sent to you by EAN Head Office and technical providers.
Presentations sent via email cannot and will not be processed. There is no oral presentation template for the EAN 2024 Congress.
Following the acceptance of the abstract, all presenters (Invited Presentations, Oral Presentations, ePresentations, ePosters and ePoster Virtual presentations) will receive an individualized scheduling message. Subsequently, each presenter will receive an informative email containing information on the presentation process for the 2024 Congress that includes an upload link as well as technical information. All oral presentations must be uploaded to our system via the Virtual Speakers’ Centre. Presentations sent via email cannot and will not be processed.
- The material needs to be uploaded via a personalized link that will be sent to all presenters by the given deadline in the informational email. See ‘Important Dates’ for details.
- Upload your presentation as soon as possible after acceptance to ensure that the presentation can be played in the session hall. Presentation slides must be uploaded 3 hours before the presentation slot, at the very latest.
- If needed, technical support will be made available to all presenters. Indicate abstract ID, title, as well as the full name of the presenter in all communication with EAN Headoffice or technical partners.
Session structure for all presentations
- All oral presentations must be uploaded to our system via the Virtual Speakers’ Centre.
- Oral presentations must be 10 minutes in length (as indicated in your information mailing) to ensure smooth development of programme and interaction with the audience at the congress. If your presentation exceeds the 10-minute limit, you will forfeit the time for Q&A. Presentations that are too short will disrupt the laminar flow of the programme.
- At the beginning of the scheduled timeslot of the session, the session chairperson may open the session and introduce the speakers.
- After each 10-minute presentation, 5 minutes are reserved for discussion with the chairperson and audience to complete the 15-minute presentation slot.
- Lecturers and chairpersons therefore need to be present for the full session.
- All participants can contribute to the session and ask question. There will be a timer available for the speakers’ convenience. The chairperson will take the last minutes to address any last-minute questions and formally close the session.