Thank you for agreeing to present at the 6th EAN Congress, which will be setup as a Virtual Congress online from May 23-26, 2020.
Your commitment will make the first EAN Virtual Congress possible! Please find below all relevant information regarding your presentation.
Only Microsoft-PowerPoint (*.ppt or *pptx) presentations with video formats will be accepted. Videos can be linked or embedded. Please remember to upload your video files separately if you are using PowerPoint 2007 or older versions, as they cannot be embedded into the presentation. For preparing your presentation please use the PowerPoint narration function and follow the technical instructions further below.
>> Presentations attached to emails cannot be processed. <<
It is required that your pre-recorded presentation strictly adheres to the given presentation talk time, as stated in the program.
In case your presentation exceeds the talk time, it will be cut off by the system.
It must be guaranteed that all content used in your presentation can be shown online for the live session as well as for the on-demand version post congress. If your slides include sensitive data, please remove these data before you upload your presentation to the M Events system. From the 27th of May 2020 all presentations will only be available for EAN Individual Members.
Please find herewith the manual on how to pre-record your presentation with the MS PowerPoint narration function:
With your presentation open, on the Slide Show tab, click Record Slide Show.
- Clicking the upper half of the button starts you on the current slide.
- Clicking the lower half of the button gives you the option to start from the beginning or from the current slide.
The Clear command deletes narrations or timings, so be careful when you use it. Clear is grayed out unless you have previously recorded some slides.
In the Record Slide Show box, check the boxes for your recording, and click Start Recording.
For detailed instruction or in case you use a different windows version or Mac OS please click here.
Please make sure, that you are using headphones which have their own microphone, especially if you are using a desktop computer or older computer. Please do not use the in-built microphone of your computer as this will not produce adequate audio quality.
To ensure adequate audio quality please also follow these instructions:
- Connect the headphones with the 3.5mm audio plug of your computer.
- Make sure that the microphone sits in place (ideally 3-5 cm in front of your mouth)
- Start a test recording - if the sound is not good, open the audio settings and correct the input volume and level - many computers offer the option of a pre-set option to reduce the ambient noise. If this is available, make sure this option is on
During the upload process, you will be requested to upload a portrait photo of yourself.
Please disable your camera when recording your slides. Only Slides and Audio are necessary for your presentation.
To submit your slides click here.
Please upload your recorded presentation to the M Events protected server before May 15th 2020!
Before the congress, you will receive a second e-mail from M Events with the invitation link to the video conference room of your online session. During the scheduled session time, as stated in the program, all speakers and chairpersons should be present in front of their computers, incl. headset and/or microphone and join ideally also via video. The channel will be accessible 15 min prior to the session, allowing you some time to ask your session technician possible questions about the procedure.
What you will need:
- computer including headset/microphone
- ideally also a web-cam
- e-mail with access link from m-events
Please find herewith the system requirements that are necessary to join the Video-Call.
Uploading your presentation
All presenters (invited presentations, oral presentations, ePresentations, ePoster presentations) will receive a message with detailed information on scheduling by Friday, 10 April 2020. In the week after, an information message on how to present at the Virtual Congress (including an upload link and technical details) will be sent.
- The material needs to be uploaded via a personalized link that will be sent to all presenters by 15 April at the latest.
- Recordings need to be uploaded by 15 May 2020, 23:59 CET.
- There will be technical support available for your upload. Details will be communicated.
Presenting at the EAN Virtual Congress
There will be scheduled slots for all presentations during the virtual congress. There will be a chat function as well as a live Q&A for all sessions during specified times. The presenters are kindly asked to be present during the scheduled time to ensure interaction with the audience.
As for the face-to-face congress the dress code is business casual. Please wear the same clothes for your presentation pre-recording as well as for the Q&A as you would have at the face-to-face meeting.
Session structure for all presentations
All sessions include pre-recordings as well as a live component. We want to make sure to retain as much human interaction as possible.
- Prior to the session (until the upload deadline on 15 May 2020), all lectures are recorded and uploaded to our system. They need to be of an exact length (as indicated in your information mailing) to ensure smooth development of the session.
- Please leave time for discussion. If your recording is too long, the time for discussion will be lost, which is one major component in the meeting
- At the scheduled timeslot of the session, the chairperson of the session has 5 minutes to open the session and introduce the speakers.
- Then the recording of the first lecture will be played. At all times there is a live-chat available, where all participants can contribute to the session or ask questions.
- After each lecture, there is some time reserved for a discussion with the chairperson. Lecturers and chairpersons therefore need to be online at the scheduled timeslot. They will discuss questions from the audience or further details of the session. There will be a timer available for the speakers’ convenience.
- This is the same procedure for all lectures – after the last one, the chairperson has a few more minutes to close the session and address any last-minute questions.
Please note that it is also possible for all participants to send a private message with questions to the lecturers, which will be answered after the congress and published on the platform so all EAN members can benefit from it. If the lecturer is not available to be online at the scheduled timeslot, we will also forward the questions from the chat to them and publish the answers after the congress.