EAN Brain Health
European Brain Health Summit 2023
Join this online event on May 9, 2023!
Participation is free-of-charge
THANK YOU for 2,318 abstracts! This is the highest figure we have ever received for an in-person congress!
EAN Research News
EAN Strategic Research Agenda
EAN aims to set urgent priorities in European neurological research
Neurology beyond the Big Data
Find out more about the overarching theme for EAN 2023!
New webcasts on the eanCampus
Watch over 300 peer-reviewed webcasts from EAN 2022 on the eanCampus!
European Academy of Neurology
Welcome to the Home of Neurology
We are a non-profit, independent organisation aiming to promote neurological excellence by supporting our 45,000 members and working closely with 47 European national societies. Explore our website to learn more about the scientific, educational, and other professional support we offer, to help neurologists provide better patient care and outcomes. Find out more
EANpages: Latest posts
- Sign up now for the European Brain Health Summit 2023 – live online on May 9!
- EAN endorses MSIF and the WHO Collaborating Centre Bologna’s application to add MS treatments on WHO’s Essential Medicines List
- Executive Page: Leadership, mentorship and many more EAN educational opportunities
- Research Paper of the Month: Trial of Globus Pallidus Focused Ultrasound Ablation in Parkinson’s Disease
- COVID-19 and neurology: a survey of previous and continued restrictions on clinical practice, professional education and neuroeconomics
EANpages: Congress News
- EAN 2023 Congress Quiz – your chance to win free registration!
- Win a travel grant for a future EAN congress with our ‘Why Neurology?’ student essay competition!
- New ‘Start-Up Corner’ introduced for EAN 2023 industrial exhibition
- Register Now for EAN 2023 in Budapest, 1-4 July
- EAN launches new ‘Congress Spin-Off with Masterclasses’ event, with first edition in March
More than 300 Guidelines
One of our most important aims is to establish European standards of diagnosis, treatment, and care within the various subfields of neurology. The very heterogeneous nature of neurology in Europe means guidelines are needed not only to diagnose and treat neurological disorders, but also to organise certain aspects of neurology.
COVID-19 in detail
Dig into our repository of knowledge on Covid-19-related neurology research. Since the early days of the pandemic, the EAN Covid-19 Taskforce has been closely monitoring the scientific press and collating the most notable and useful studies. Our Knowledge Distillery bring all that information together in one place. Dive in!
170 articles out of 33 categories
Our Scientific Panels are a crucial aspect of the EAN, informing everything we do from a scientific point of view. Here you will find the most important recent news identified by our dedicated panel members, regularly updated and presented in subsections according to their respective topics. Happy browsing!
Neurology beyond the Big Data
For EAN 2023 the overarching theme is ‘Neurology beyond the Big Data’ and the congress will feature a number of workshops and symposia focusing on this topic. Leading specialists will discuss concepts, recent advances, opportunities and challenges surrounding the rising volume of available data in neurology, neuroscience, neurobiology and related disciplines, tackling issues such as the use of digital health tech and telemedicine; AI advances and applications; and the use of data science to transition to an era of precision health.
Our overarching theme will be a common thread that connects many sessions at EAN 2023, with something for every category of participant, from trainees to veterans, whether clinician or scientist, general or specialised.
EAN Congress 2023
July 1-4, 2023, Budapest
- National Neurological Society Forum, March 2023
- Annual Meeting of the Taiwan Epilepsy Society
- RIMS Annual Conference
- EAN Brain Health Summit, May 2023
- EAN Spring School 2023 in Steinschaler Dörfl, Austria
- Summer Seminar - Estonian Ludvig Puusepp Society of Neurologists and Neurosurgeons (ENNS)
- EAN Regional Teaching Day in Rakvere, Estonia